Galaxy S10 5G Contract Deals – How To Find Them
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G has a top-quality display, several enormous high-resolution cameras and a high-performance battery. It doesn't differ at all to the regular Galaxy S10 except for the obvious 5G capabilities. And with it you'll also be one of the first of your mates on the fast 5G network.
Galaxy S10 - Now with 5G
So... The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G - the first available phone in the UK with 5G (although the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G arguably did beat it slightly).The 5G network has got off to a rather slow start in the UK but it's increasing all the time, and now might be the time to consider buying if you're looking to have full boasting rights.
And with data rates of up to 1.3 GB/s you're sure to make your friends envious.
But let's start by recapping: The S10 5G is the fourth model of the Galaxy S10 series. The other 3 devices are:
- Galaxy S10e deals: It houses 3 cameras (2 rear, 1 front) and 128GB of memory. Its display measures 5.8 inches and resolves to 1080 × 2280 pixels. The main memory is quite small at 6 GB, the battery 3100 mAh: It is the cheapest and smallest model in the series and suitable for those who want high-end without the price-tag.
- Galaxy S10 deals: It has a 6.1-inch display, 4 cameras (3 rear, 1 front) and 8 GB of RAM. Its battery is 3400 mAh large, its internal memory depending on the variant 128 or 512 GB. Its display boasts 1440 × 3040 pixels. It is the second cheapest model in the series.
- Galaxy S10 Plus deals: Its display is a whole 6.4 inches tall and resolves to 1440 × 3040 pixels. Depending on the variant, the S10+ is available with 8 or 12 GB of RAM. There are a rather stupendous 5 cameras on it: 3 on the back, 2 on the front. Depending on the version, the internal memory is 128 GB, 512 GB or 1 TB, the battery is 4000 mAh. This is the ultimate Samsung phone for those willing to spend more - but doesn't have 5G support.
Back to this model, the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G could be the best 5G phone around. Its camera is one of the most consistent and versatile smartphone snappers we’ve tested, and the background defocus effects it creates are also top-notch thanks to its ToF (time of flight) sensors.
The screen is also big and beautiful, and across the board, everything about this phone feels premium. The Huawei P30 Pro would make an excellent alternative, but if you want to be futureproofed and don’t mind paying for the luxury, the S10 5G is a great choice.
S10 5G Display
The OLED display is outstanding - indeed, according to this review they were able to reach 1039 candelas, i.e. an extremely BRIGHT level of, well, brightness. Our own reviewer reports excellent results in the laboratory and rates the display at 98.3% ("very good").
The battery lasted 11.5 hours in the test. It fully charges within about 100 minutes via superfast charging. In the first 30 minutes it already got to about 50%, as well.
Now onto those cameras. We aren't going to repeat all parts of our regular Samsuns Galaxy S10 review here, but just summarise the points in brief.
Our own reviewer couldn't really fault the camera setup and gave this a rating of"very good". Briefly: an image stabiliser in the wide-angle and telephoto lens prevents shakey images. If you want to read more about the camera/photo system read our main S10 review.
Can you get 5G coverage where you are? Check the map here.
Just to summarise some of the plus-points of this hugely capable beast of a phone:
- Can be unlocked by fingerprint sensors
- Keeps the 3.5 millimetre headphone socket
- Waterproof (IP68)
- Intuitive to operate through the user interface One UI 1.1
- Can do the bokeh effect in both photos and videos, i.e. making the background stylishly "out of focus"
- In daylight, the picture quality is excellent
- 5G , where available is immense
No slot for microSD or 2nd SIM card - Our tester complained that there is no slot for a second SIM or memory card.
High quality, high price: what alternatives are there?
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G is ideal for you if you:
- Need a particularly large display and high-performance cameras
- Surf a lot and need superfast 5G
- Feel that you need 256 GB of internal memory
Our Verdict - Galaxy S10 5G
The S10 5G is hard to fault - IF you ignore the price.
As with all things, you have to pay more to get the very best. The nearest iPhone equivalent is at least 2 years away from 5G capable, and the current roster of iPhone models is nowehere near up to this standard. If we were to suggest an equivalent it would be the iPhone Xs Max but this costs about £300 more...!
Otherwise it's a great package: its body is made of aluminium combined with Gorilla Glass 6. It’s water and dust resistant, and there’s a headphone jack on its bottom side, as well as a USB-C port. Around the back is a slight camera bump, where the quad camera is housed, and if you rest the S10 5G on a Qi charging pad, it supports wireless charging.
With reverse wireless charging, NFC and of course 5G under the hood, as well as 8GB RAM, it’s one of the most capable devices around – which is exactly what you’d expect when you’re paying over £1,000 for it!
How much does the Galaxy S10 5G cost in UK?
The price for the S10 5G is £999 at launch in the UK. You can however get it cheaper now that the price has come down.
On monthly contract: prices start at about £38 a month.
Description from: e2save
The Samsung Galaxy S10 5G packs an impressive 6.1" Super AMOLED display and Wi-Fi 6 – a new wireless standard designed to improve performance in homes or on Wi-Fi networks where a multitude of different devices are connected. Samsung has truly stepped up its game with this smartphone which features three back cameras and one on the front and an In-display fingerprint scanner which will ensure the phone's security.
All Galaxy S10 5G colours:
All Galaxy S10 5G storage sizes:
Check each individual page for each size or storage capacity, to find the best deals.